Monday 13 February 2017

50 Today



Good evening,welcome to my blog, Today I am going to share with you a hexagonal box using the Blockbuster from Tonic Studios Hexagonal  and alphabet dies available from create and craft.
Dies used :- Alphabet die sets
Scalloped circles layering basics
Hexagonal  layering die sets
Beautiful Blooms die sets







This is the base
Made from A4 card stock trim the card down to :-
11" 3/4 x 7" 3/4
Score at 1"7/8 , 3 3/4 , 5" 5/8 , 7" 1/2, 9" 3/8 ,11" 1/4
Then rotate so the card is long ways in front of you and score at 2" 1/2
Fold and burnish all the score lines to the  horizontal score line then cut out the small wedge  as you look at this template the bottom left corner this is cut away.
Now you need to cut up each score line up to the short score line mark this will be to fold your base .


This is what it should look like once the small flap is cut off and you have cut up to the score line 5 times across the bottom.
I glue all my boxes with wet glue but it's up to you if you prefer tape,now when you place glue on the tab the box folds over to meet the flap once that is dry I roll a piece of card and place it inside so you have something to work against when your folding the base.

This is with a roll of paper inside it does help when folding the base

Then I fold the opposite flaps on each other and glue

This is the base before you add a hexagonal die cut to cover the workings
Box lid
Card measures:- 
11" 3/4  x  4"
Score long side at 2",  3" 7/8,  5" 3/4,  7"5/8 , 9" 1/2,  11" 3/8
The first panel is slightly bigger than the rest this is to make the lid slightly larger than the base and for it to sit right.
Score on the short side at 2" 1/2. 
Fold and burnish the score lines like before then cut up each score line along the long side and again cutting off a tab as indicated in the photo.
This is the lid, now as before glue the opposite flaps to get the right shape


Opposite flaps glue on top of each other

This is what the lid should look like when finished

Finished box now to cover all the workings you need to cut the 3rd size down in the Hexagon die set I cut 4 of these out one for the lid top the inside of the lid and also the base and inside the base, this just leaves a very neat finish to the box.



I hope that you can follow my instructions if not leave me a message in the comments and I will answer as best I can but now the fun part in decorating the box.

Have fun everyone 



2 comments:

Cal Shrive said...

Thank you for your easy to follow instructions Victoria, going to have a go at making one of these beautiful boxes when I receive my hexagon dies, oh and the 3 x alphabet dies plus numerals, I will be on the naughty step for quite awhile.... Lol xx

Unknown said...

Love your instructions - off to try this now :)
Thank you

Alluring Perfume Bottle gift boxes