Thursday 11 January 2018

Beautiful Jigsaws

Good afternoon everyone, well as many of you know Tonic Studios Jigsaw Die & stamps sold out in record breaking time so I have more cards and a wall hanging I made for the shows to share with you all so I will go ahead and post them all below.
This is an 8"x8" card blank the base layer from the jigsaw was die cut from black craft perfect card stock then the next layer  that cuts all the base layer pieces  in craft perfect polished gold mirror card.  It was a case of mixing and matching the decorative pieces in the  jet black ,bright white and Chilli  Red craft perfect adding the stamps  love & laughter I think this would be lovely in a frame to give to your loved one on Valentine's, the panels were then stuck down some flat and some with foam pads to create different levels to add dimension. You could even add a photo of you and a loved one together in the largest jigsaw piece the list is endless of what you can create with these sets ,definitely lots of home decor pieces.

This is a wall hanging I couldn't get my hands on the right size canvas so I cut a couple of the 8x8 squares from the Greek Temple die set and glued them back to back to make a solid board using 2x sheets of 300gsm card stock in ivory then cutting a layer in the beautiful  majestic gold pearlecent  craft perfect card the base layer from the jigsaw set was  Espresso brown craft perfect and then cream craft perfect the 4 corner pieces were distressed with gold nuvo mousse and the tea and coffee stamps were stamped with a  clear  ink pad and white nuvo embossing powder , thinking along the lines of tea and coffee my mind shot back a few yrs to the die sets we had with the teacup and teapot/ coffee pot I luv to bring the older dies back as I know many of you have them in your stash and one thing tonic are good at is designing new dies that work really well on there own but also with your older tonic dies.
The back of the wall handing I used the hangers from the Shadow box die set and then threaded a rich brown satin ribbon and wmatching bow with a decorative button and bakers twine.

My idea behind this card was the queen of hearts I was thinking hearts, jigsaw and playing cards and that's where the colours came from I just wanted a very plain modern look for this one the gorgeous black glossy craft perfect was pardon the pun perfect for this card a lot of paper piecing but I definitely think it was worth it what more could you ask for family and friends ,the heart was cut out of a white 7x7 card blank using the latest affection die sets Tonic launched a few weeks ago.

And finally a 7x7 twisted   easel card using the colours for white wine and chocolate now who wouldn't say no to either one .I decided for this card just to take 5x jigsaw pieces from the set and make a smaller card using one of the jigsaw pieces as the stopper for the easel ,I also added the wine glasses from the Rococo celebration die sets ,all you need is wine and Chocolate sounds perfect to me. The card stock was  Champagne craft perfect and also ivory and chocolate brown craft perfect also the stamps were stamped using the brown nuvo hybrid inks.







Well that's all from me for the time being thank you for popping over to my blog today and I hope to be sharing some new things with you all soon.xxx

No comments:

Alluring Perfume Bottle gift boxes