Wednesday 7 February 2018

Hello Sailor

Good morning and welcome to my blog, today I am sharing a brand new Launch from Tonic Studios which are called pin ups and will be launching on Hochanda at 6pm this evening.
There are 3 different pin up girls die sets one is Hello Sailor which is fabulous I have to say and then singing in the rain which is such an iconic figure she reminds me of Marilyn Monroe and then  Time to drink Champagne  all from a bygone era they remind me of tattoo art back in the  gulf war  the military aircraft had pin ups painted on the body of the aircraft although those images were a bit more revealing. I luv that these die sets are a bit different I can imagine having lots of fun creating a card or project with these images and using speech bubbles for a bit of added humour.
These  die sets are fabulous to paper piece or get your alcohol  markers out or pencils and colour the images they then look like a stamped images.
The card is A5 tent fold card with mat and layers in navy blue  craft perfect and chilli red craft perfect card stock,the sky blue card is from my stash of card stock . Well when I saw this image I knew I had to find a ship it just had to be done but no ship die so I got the pencil and rubber out and drew what I wanted and then cut it all out free hand, I did use a border die from  clematis climber strip  for the waves cut in French blue craft perfect card stock ,the hello sailor is cut in navy craft perfect and then  the backing die which is the outside edge die in white card stock and then she was paper pieced but adding the navy card back into the die cut. where the white areas of  her boots ,shorts and gloves I have slightly shaded with a pale blue Alcohol  pen just to add a bit of definition  and then coloured her face and hair also with Alcohol  pens. I then placed a small piece of red card stock just to where her belt is on the die and ran that through the Tangerine no need to cut the whole die out for a little piece. She was then placed on the card with 3D foam pads.
The set comes with the hello sailor banner and seagulls so the outer edge of the banner was cut in white and then the detail in Navy card stock and then filled some areas with red card stock, the seagulls were cut in white and then a little grey ink was added  to the centre of the birds.


I think I might make this card again for my dad's birthday I think it would be well received.

Until next time




No comments:

Alluring Perfume Bottle gift boxes