Sunday 8 April 2018

Dream

Good afternoon everyone, well a  brand new launch this evening from Tonic Studios launching the mica mists and shimmer powders now this for me I will hold my hands up is really new   but oh my word what a time I had so I better get sharing what I created for the launch .
To create this card you need :- 
Mica spray- Nebula Blue
Shimmer powder - Atlantis burst & Blue Blitz & solar flare & green parade
Large layering tag die sets 
Mandala Dragon fly
 Mandala  stamp
Dream sentiment - Wills hand
Gold  Nuvo flakes
 Tonic Stencil- Beautiful Bokeh
Dandelion yellow Nuvo drops
Ebony Black Nuvo gloss drops
White Nuvo embossing powder
Nuvo clear ink pad
Glue pen
Glimmer paste Clear
Organza ribbon
Yellow rose embellishment

The base of the card is cut from the large basic layering Tag set you need two of these and the back panel needs  a score line across the back about 1" deep then the front panel is glued to the back using the hinge you created then with another piece of card stock die cut a slighty smaller tag for this card I used stamping card stock.
I am not a messy crafter as in getting inky and messy so I found myself a box and used this for my spray station I first of all gave the tag a spray with the  Nebula blue mica spray just gentle bursts and then dried with a heat gun I went back and sprayed a little more and repeated with the heat gun  I then gently spritzed the card with water using the Nuvo water spray bottles then with the  shimmer powders I gently tapped the bottles Atlantis  burst - blue Blitz and a little solar flare then sprayed over with water and then watch the colours explode on the card wow the colour is so intense make sure you don't add to much powder at first you can always add more but putting to much on you are wasting your product as a little goes a long way.  I didn't soak the card but I gave it a moderate spray where I wanted less colour I added a little more water and then blotted it off with kitchen towel then heat set it with a heat gun .
once I was happy with the background colour  I then stamped the mandala using an acrylic block with Nuvo clear ink and then heat set with Nuvo white embossing powder I did this radomley around the edge of the tag always use an anti static pad before stamping to remove any grease marks that way your embossing powder will only stick to the area you have stamped. 
Now for the mandala Dragon fly this was die cut from stamping card and then with the water spray dampen the card a little then add the Shimmer powder solar flare to the centre of the Dragon fly and then green parade to the edges of the wings again gently tapping the powder from the bottle then with the water spray activate the powder and again watch the colour burst into life let the colours mix by moving the card in the direction you want the colour to go and then heat set with a heat gun. 
Now with the beautiful Bokeh stencil apply some glimmer paste I added some  in random places and then dried it with the heat gun . Now with a glue pen add a little glue where you would like to add a little gold flakes wait until the glue pen has gone from blue to clear then add the flakes and then gently rub off the excess  back into your pot.
Once the Dragon fly is  dry shape the wings with your fingers and glue to the card and then you can give him some Nuvo drops for eyes then finish the tag by adding a bow and gem and some Dandellion Nuvo drops.


Thank you for joining me again I will post again tomorrow as I have another new launch to share with you all xx


No comments:

Alluring Perfume Bottle gift boxes