Thursday 3 November 2016

Bright And Beautiful

Good morning crafters, weloome to my very early blog this morning it's currently 5.30 am ,it's a big day today as I am off to the NEC at Birmingham today so need to be up  and packed ready for a fun filled day as I am meeting my Tonic design team buddies for the first time ,so excited I'm ready to burst and what fun will we get up to,
                                    Today's cards are from the new Essential Strip collection from Tonic Studios that Mandy Taylor has been demonstrating on create and craft, such pretty dies and so versatile as Mandy has shown with her demonstrations not just card making but  things for the home ect ,never be afraid to snip bits up that's what is so much fun if it doesn't work out what have you lost a piece of card.
Dies used :-
Essentials flower strip
Basic Rectangles Layering Die Set
Rococo Bird House

Very simple but fun  card to put together  the card is made using A4 card stock and scoring in half and then the front panel scored in half again and folded back on it self I went very bold and bright with this card and used one of Tonic Studios papers from our paper pads range and picked the colours out of the paper with the red and turquoise . 
The Essentials die strip has a 2 dies to each strip the decorative part and also a shaped cutting edge which allows you to create a beautiful edge to your cards and projects then the decorative part just nests on top of the cut edge to give you a stunning effect but you can use both edges separate from each other aswell very versatile die sets and so easy to use. 
So I started by cutting the shaped edge to the card I then cut the decorative flower out and embossed to add the detail, this die has little petals that flip up to add dimension I would shape those up before applying glue to sick as you don't want these parts stuck flat if your looking for dimension, I then glued this onto the shaped edge we cut previously on to the card blank and then added our Nuvo drops to the centre of each flower.
 the centre of the card was created using our rectangle layering die sets and also using the Rococo Bird House Die set which was cut out in white card stock  and glued flat to the  red card stock and  cut fee hand with scissors then I traced around the outer edge of the die with a pencil and again cut free hand this gave a lovely turquoise  border around the edge and then I cut the house out again and paper pieced with the turquoise  card stock and finished by adding a little bow and again Nuvo drops.

Thank you for joining me today ,be sure to pop back soon as I have more samples to share with you from this collection and maybe a couple of photos of my DT buddies


Victoria xx




No comments:

Alluring Perfume Bottle gift boxes